This Thursday I will be giving a TileMill talk in Toronto on “How to Create Beautiful Maps using Open Source Tools”. I’ll walk through how TileMill works, talk about ways you can implement a custom map on a site, and demo some work that shows off how interactivity works. The event will be from 7:00 to 9:30 pm EST graciously hosted at Network Orange, 221 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M5B 1M4.
Please bring questions and computers. You can register here: http://guestlistapp.com/events/62589 I look forward to seeing you there!
A map of Toronto designed in TileMill. Data provided for free from toronto.ca/open
- Walk through what TileMill is and how it works
- Talk about Carto
- Create a quick map on the fly
- Show how to export a map into TileStream and implement on a site
- Demo a custom Toronto map made with open data to show off how easy this is to implement:
- Talk about Wax
- Offer to help get people setup using TileMill if they brought a Linux or Mac